TAKE YOUR MYSQL SKILLS TO THE TOP TIER
Covering the latest release of the MySQL open-source RDBMS, MySQL Database Usage & Administration shows you how to perform advanced data management, optimize performance and reliability, and securely administer a MySQL server installation.
This fast-paced tutorial provides one-stop coverage of MySQL software installation, data types, built-in functions, and best practices. It takes a close look at some of MySQL's most important features, including transactions, stored routines, triggers and views, and shows you how to use them in a practical context. It also includes information on everything that you need to know to function as an effective MySQL system administrator, from securing user accounts to backing up and restoring data.
- Understand MySQL’s features, technical architecture, subsystems, and commands
- Make database design decisions that optimize performance, storage, and reliability
- Write complex queries using joins, subqueries, and views
- Group SQL statements into transactions and execute them atomically
- Build and use sophisticated stored procedures and functions
- Automate database operations with triggers and scheduled events
- Import and export data in different formats, including SQL, CSV, and XML
- Optimize server and query performance
- Administer a secure, high availability MySQL RDBMS
- Manage users and control access
- Perform database maintenance, replication, backup, and recovery